Hi everyone! Since we are nearing the end of September and will soon be heading into a new month, I thought it would be the perfect time to share a round-up of my favorite things for September.
Below I will share all of my favorite products and just exactly why I love them so much. These are all items that I’ve been using for months and have either repurchased or plan on repurchasing, because they are just. that. good. folks!
- L’Occitane Shower Oil– Ladies this stuff is honestly AMAZING. First of all, the smell alone is to die for. The minute I smelled this stuff in the store, it immediately went into my cart. As if the smell wasn’t dreamy enough, I love how soft it makes my skin feel. I actually replaced my shaving cream with this stuff and I will never go back. Because this is technically a shower oil, this stuff comes out of the bottle as the consistency of an oil but lathers like a soap, making in the perfect combination to shave your legs with. Trust me, this stuff lives up the hype. It is pricey for a bottle of shower oil so if you are not down for paying that much (I was hesitant at first too) then I do not suggest you try this stuff because you WILL get hooked!
- Leopard Print Scarf– I scored this scarf during the Nsale (yeah, I know, I keep talking about that damn Nsale) and I’m so glad I did. I’m a sucker for anything leopard print but even I can admit sometimes the patterns can look cheap and cheesy. I love the bigger, bolder pattern on this scarf, it is a chic and updated twist on the traditional leopard print and it’s under $20. I am also someone who thinks leopard print is a neutral, so in my eyes, there isn’t anything leopard print doesn’t go with.
- Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Gloss– You guys, this is the BEST plumping lip gloss EVER! And the best part is that you can get it at your local drugstore! When I first tried it, I was hesitant that it would actually live up to the hype (as most plumping lip glosses don’t) but this one does. It actually plumps, like actually tingles your lips (in a good way) and PLUMPS them. I have tried several different brands of plumping lip glosses only to be disappointed but this one is different. It’s as essential as chapstick to me. When I change bags, this guy always makes the cut and accompanies me wherever I go. I even layer it over lipstick.
- Tula Exfoliating Treatment Mask– Truthfully I’ve seen a lot of bloggers talk about Tula face products so naturally I was intrigued to try them out. I ended up ordering a travel kit as an affordable way to try the products out without wasting any product or money if I didn’t end of liking it. This was the only product that I ordered the full size of (because it doesn’t come in a travel size) and I am so glad I did because I am obsessed with it. I did not re-order the other products (while good, I wasn’t overly impressed) but I WILL be ordering more of this treatment mask. If my face is looking dull or starting to break out, I use this mask and it clears up my face immediately. It is one of those rare products, that you actually start seeing results the next day.
- Suave Dry Shampoo– I love trying new products and dry shampoo just so happens to be one of them. Over the years I have tried several different brands of dry shampoo and truthfully I reach for this one over my Oribe Dry Shampoo every single time. I have used dry shampoo’s in the past and felt like they have weighed my hair down (especially if I am really trying to stretch out those washes and use it several times) but that is not the case with this one. I can use this product over and over again and it only leaves my hair feeling fresh instead of heavy and weighed down. One tip I use and love is to spray your dry shampoo on at night before you go to bed (spray at the roots), massage your head where you’ve sprayed it and then brush your hair. When you wake up in the morning, your hair looks fresh and it doesn’t feel weighed down by any product.
- Invisibobble Hair Ties– I am a total hair tie snob. And yes it seems as crazy as it sounds. I have been this way since high school and I completely blame my thick hair. I get so frustrated when I would finally find a good hair tie, only to have them either stretch out or break on me. I have searched high and low for the perfect hair tie only to be disappointed.. until now! You guys, if you suffer from the same ponytail OCD as I do, then look no further because I have found the PERFECT solution to all your ponytail problems! Meet the Invisibobble. They are magical and here is why. First of all, they come in a pack of three and an assortment of colors, from clear to pink to gray. They hold your hair, so no more loose ponytails due to stretched out hair ties. I use them for everything from a low bun to a ponytail to even a messy bun or topknot and they hold ALL of my hair in. Nothing is more frustrating when your hair starts falling out because your hair tie won’t hold all of your hair tight. But the absolute best part and the reason why I cannot recommend these crazy little hair ties enough is because they do not leave crazy kinks in your hair! This is probably my number one pet peeve about elastic hair ties. You put your hair up for a few hours only to let it down and have a HUGE kink through out your hair from your hair tie. I’ve actually been tempted to stock up on these hair ties for fear of them ever being discontinued. Here’s a tip if you find that these start to stretch out over time more than you’d like… put them in some hot water and let them sit for a minute. The hot water will help them shrink back down.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Products- I have never been someone who saw the value on spending very much on brow products. In my mind, I thought that all brow products were created equal but after finally breaking down and trying the Anastasia Beverly Hills line, I quickly realized that is not the case. The very first time I used these products, I immediately knew, there would be no turning back. They are so easy to use and worth every single penny. I think it’s safe to say, I will never use another brow product again. The 3 products that I use are the Brow Definer, it has an angled tip, making it easy to line your brows, the Brow Powder Duo, I personally prefer filling in my brows with powder vs a pomade and I love that this comes in a multitude of colors so you can find the perfect shade for you, and last but not least, I finish off with the Brow Gel.
- Halogen Wool Floppy Hat– Ever since floppy hats have become a Fall wardrobe staple, I have wanted a floppy hat so bad. But if you know me, finding a floppy hat to fit my small head has been a serious struggle of mine! I have tortured my mom and husband many of times, making them wait as I tried on every. single. floppy. hat that I walked by, in hopes that I would finally find one that fit my head. Well last year was finally my year ladies! Nordstrom finally came out with a floppy hat with an adjustable interior band and it has been the answer to all of my floppy hat prayers. I was so excited when I saw that they brought it back this year so I could purchase it in more colors.
- Conair Extreme Steam Hand Help Steamer– I honestly have never been someone who swore by using a steamer. I have purchased two steamers in my life and both were a huge flop and total disappointment. When I had heard good things about this steamer, I decided to pull the trigger and give steaming one last chance and now I am HOOKED! Thanks to this steamer, I steam everything. The best part is that it is the perfect size to travel with so now I don’t have to worry about how I pack my stuff and if my stuff gets wrinkled. I have taken this steamer on two trips and it has come in handy both times so now you better believe this steamer will be on my packing list ever single time.
- Ouai Hair Oil– I am someone who suffers from frizzy hair so I will try any product that promises to smooth my frizz and tame my mane. The unfortunate part is that most products can’t seem to tame my frizzy mane, so on the hunt I remained. When I heard about the Ouai Hair Oil, I was intrigued! While a bit pricey this hair oil is honestly amazing. It is lightweight so it doesn’t leave my hair feeling greasy and heavy, it actually does what it claims to do and it has a nice floral scent. I use it after I blow dry and style my hair because that is when my hair needs it the most. It has tamed all my fly-aways and made my hair feel so soft. I used Bumble and Bumble’s Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil before I found this and I much prefer the Ouai Hair Oil over Bumble and Bumble’s.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!