Happy Friday everyone!
Yesterday was the start of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and if you follow other bloggers, you have seen a lot of coverage on this sale. Due to the fact that this sale is so highly covered, I almost decided not to share my Top Picks with you all but after noticing today that there are still so many great items available, I thought I would round up some of my favorites that are still in stock with plenty of size and color options.
For those of you that are not familiar with the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, it is one of the greatest retail sales that Nordstrom’s holds annually. They give sneak peeks when they release their magazine but even then, they share very few items in comparison to when the sale actually starts. The sale is open to just cardholders from July 13th-July 2oth and then opens to the public from July 21st -Aug. 6th. I shopped the sale early for the first time last year and let me tell you, it was LIFE CHANGING! It’s the event I look forward to every year because the deals are SO good and it’s the best time to stock up on Fall essentials.
Here are some of the things that I like to stock up on when I shop the sale.
- BOOTS & BOOTIES. This is the best time to shop for new styles of boots for the Fall. I wear booties so much during Fall and Winter that I find that mine start to wear out by the end of the season so this sale is the perfect time for me to do some replacement shopping. Above I linked some my favorites, these are great staples for Fall and Winter. These styles and colors allow a lot of versatility.
- SWEATERS. This is a great time to stock up on some basics. With affordable prices like $24.90 for this BP. Pullover and $29.90 for this Dreamers by Debut Tunic Sweater, you can’t afford not to snag these great staple pieces. Last year I stocked up on several sweaters from the sale, and I wore them constantly. I try to pick items that have simple silhouettes and come in classic colors to get the most use out of them. They will mix and match with your existing wardrobe better this way, making them easy to pair things with.
- JEANS. AG Jeans are my ABSOLUTE favorite jeans but I cannot justify spending $225-$250 on one pair of denim. It’s not very often that I come across my favorite jeans on sale so when Nordstrom’s has their Anniversary Sale, this is my time to snag a pair. They are still pretty pricey even with the sale price but they are totally worth it. They hold up well, are comfortable and don’t stretch out after one wear.
- ACCESSORIES. During this sale I snagged a couple of scarves, sunglasses and purses. I only linked one of the scarves above, the one I linked is the one that you will find me wearing all Fall and Winter long. I love the color palette, it’s a great size and the weight of it is perfect (so it will lay nicely and won’t be too bulky). I bought one similar last year and wore it all the time.
- JACKETS. This moto jacket and this military jacket are must-haves. I love pairing my military jackets with a basic tee or sweater. They are the perfect weight for a cool Fall day. I promise, you will get a TON of use out of it. Moto jackets can be very pricey, like the one I linked above, that it why it is the perfect item to snag during the sale. They had a similar style last year but I much prefer this years style. I passed on last years version, which I later regretted so I am so glad that they brought it back this year!
- TEES. This is a great time to switch out and stock up on some basic tee’s. I am constantly using basic tee’s for layering in the Fall so naturally mine go through a lot of wear and tear from constant wash and wear. I stocked up this year on the two kinds that I linked above. I grabbed several colors in each because these are such a great basic for me.
I shopped the sale when it opened yesterday so I will be sharing with you how things fit as they come in! I haven’t decided if I will be sharing it through posts or on Instagram but I will be sure to let you know when I get that all figured out.
Also, I highly recommend that you read the fit suggestions that Nordstrom’s provides. You will see when you go to select a size, how the item runs (oversized, small, or true). That is one feature about their website that I really love. I have ordered stuff before without paying attention to their notes on how the item runs and I will never make that mistake again. Nordstrom’s also offers Free Shipping and Free Returns, so if you are unsure what size you may be I always recommend ordering two sizes. Things sell out fast during this sale so if you find an item you love and are unsure of sizing, order two sizes and you can send back whatever doesn’t work for free.
I hope you all enjoy your weekend. We are heading home tomorrow morning so I am off to get started on packing and soak up the last night here. As nice as it is to get home some times, we are always so sad to leave such a beautiful place! Wish us luck as we travel with a VERY strong willed two year old. Ha!